- Review the Job Specification and Position Description before going for the interview
- Learn more about the company by visiting their URL.
- Review your résumé and be prepared to discuss your relevant skills
- Anticipate questions you might be asked, then prepare answers to these questions;
- Bring extra copies of your résumé and a notebook.
- Dressing well can increase your confidence as well as boosting your professional image.
- Arrive on time or little early
- Ensure you portray a good body language(Handshake, Posture, Smile and Eye-Contact)
- Once you understand what the company is looking for and what the ideal candidate would look like, you can reframe your experiences to meet those expectations.
- Listen carefully to questions and answer them clearly and concisely.
- Use the STAR method to guide your answers. This simple formula ensures that you accurately describe your experiences and highlight the results they provided. The STAR method includes,
- S: The Situation – describe it
- T: The Task or problem – what dilemma or problem did you face?
- A: The Action – what action did you take?
- R: The Result – what was the result of your action
- Convey interest in the organization and knowledge of the position
- Be yourself. Maintain an appropriate level of professionalism without being unapproachable.
- Portray that you are in for a career and not a job
- Be enthusiastic, confident, courteous, and honest
- Ask appropriate questions about the job or company for clarifications
- Don’t be afraid to say that you don’t know something.
- Don’t be hesitant to ask the interviewer to repeat any question if you don’t understand.
- Do not reveal your salary expectations on a phone interview.
- Always be ready to talk salary, but don’t be the first one to bring it up
- Know what you’re willing to accept before you walk in the door.
- End the interview with a firm handshake and thank the interview panel for their time and consideration
- Be diligent and keep checking in.
Aerospace & Defense | Automotive & Auto Components | Banking & Financial Services | Insurance | BPO/ KPO | Health care & Life sciences I FMCG |
Consumer Durables | Not for Profit | Power & Energy | IT | Telecom I Infrastructure I Retail I Manufacturing I Engineering |
Education | Agro Business | Media | Oil & Gas | E-commerce | Startups